GO SMART automotive BV places great importance on the protection of data concerning you and on respecting your rights to privacy.
This Privacy Statement sets out in clear, unequivocal terms how we deal with information affecting you as data subject.
We take all practicable measures to ensure your data is protected and processed with care. In all cases, GO SMART automotive BV adheres to all applicable provisions of primary and secondary legislation, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
As a consequence and in all events:
- we shall process your personal data according to the purpose for which it is provided. These purposes and the types of personal data in question are set out in this Privacy Statement;
- we limit the processing of personal data to only the minimum needed for the purposes for which it is being processed;
- we shall ask your express permission if we need that to process your personal data;
- we have taken suitable technical and organisational measures to make sure that the security of your personal data is ensured;
- we shall not pass personal data to others unless that is necessary for achieving the purposes for which it was provided;
- we shall be mindful of your rights in relation to your personal data, draw your attention to them and abide by them.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement in its entirety. If you have further questions or would like to contact us on any other matter, our details are below.
GO SMART automotive BV
TVA: BE-0730 815 420
Personal data that is processed
GO SMART automotive BV may process data concerning you because you engage the services of GO SMART automotive BV and/or because you have provided it yourself by completing a contact form on the GO SMART automotive BV website. The types of personal data that GO SMART automotive BV may process are:
- your first and last names;
- your address;
- your telephone number;
- your e-mail address;
- your internet protocol.
Why we require to hold your data
GO SMART automotive BV processes data concerning you in order to be able to contact you when you ask us to.
Additionally, GO SMART automotive BV may use your personal data when carrying out work that you have contracted us to perform, to fulfil legal obligations incumbent on us under primary or secondary legislation or to send active customers direct marketing related to similar products (in exercise of our legitimate interests).
For how long do we hold your data?
GO SMART automotive BV retains your personal data for no longer than is strictly necessary considering the purposes for which it was collected. If no contract is entered into with you, your data is retained for no more than three years.
Providing data to third parties
GO SMART automotive BV will only provide your personal data to a third party if this is necessary for performance of the contract we have with you or in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Purposes for which we make use of third parties include:
- provision of an Internet environment (webhosting);
- provision (and distribution) of newsletters and invitations.
Naturally, we make the requisite arrangements with such parties to ensure that your personal data is secure. We will never pass personal data to other parties with which we have not signed a processor agreement.
Logging website visits
Logs are kept of visits to the GO SMART automotive BV website which include your computer’s Internet protocol address, the time of the visit and data that is sent by your browser. This data is used for analysing visit and browser behaviour on the website, information which we use in order to make improvements in how the website functions. The data is anonymised insofar as possible and is not released to third parties.
GO SMART automotive BV uses Google Analytics to record how users use the website.
Google uses the information to record how our website is used so that it can report thereon to GO SMART automotive BV and to give its advertisers information on the effectiveness of their publicity campaigns.
Google may supply this information to third parties if it is under a legal duty to do so or where such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. GO SMART automotive BV is not able to bring any influence to bear on such matters.
GO SMART automotive BV has not given Google authorisation to use analytical information obtained via GO SMART automotive BV for other Google services.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to access and the right to procure rectification or erasure of the personal data that we have received from you.
You also may object to our or our processors’ processing your data (or part thereof). Furthermore, you have the right to have the data supplied by you transferred to you (or, on your direct instructions, to another party).
At the beginning of this Privacy Statement you can find our contact details. We may ask you to present your credentials before heeding to requests in relation to the foregoing.
We ask you to address complaints concerning how your personal data is processed directly to us. You at all times have the option of filing complaints with the Data Protection Commission, which is the supervisory authority on data protection and privacy matters.
We take suitable technical and organisational measures to shield your personal data against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, inappropriate disclosure and unlawful changes.
- All persons who may be apprised of your data on behalf of GO SMART automotive BV are bound under a duty of confidentiality in that regard.
- Access to all of our systems requires a user name and a password.
- We deploy pseudonyms and encrypt personal data where such is required.
- We make back-ups of personal data in order to be able to restore systems further to physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- We impress upon our staff the importance of protecting personal data.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
GO SMART automotive BV may make modifications to its Privacy Statement and it is the latest version of this document that can be viewed on its website. The last such changes were made on 1 May 2020.